Looking for Registered Psychologists (Australia- Wide!)
Who we are.
Chat Corner Psychologists helps clients seeking therapy and assessment services to connect with registered psychologists located across Australia primarily through telehealth. This service is vital for clients who cannot access face-to-face psychological services or who have a preference for telehealth. From our experience, telehealth doesn’t have to be restrictive or complicated. (Yes, there are tools to do the WISC online and no, you don’t have to mail the blocks).
The interview process.
Our interviews involve three to five scenario-based questions – that’s it! The most important quality we focus on is the therapeutic alliance. In addition, have a think about how the Psychology Board of Australia would think about these scenarios. Drop us an email and send us your C.V. We’ll fill you in with further details.
What we’re looking for.
Compassionate psychologists who can provide person-centred telehealth services to clients with a range of mental health presentations. If the therapy methods you use are evidence-based and fall within the scope of what’s recognised by Medicare, we’re happy for you to work within your areas of competence.
The values we appreciate in the mental health professionals we work with are empathy, courtesy, honesty, integrity, reflectiveness and thoughtfulness. You can recognise when you need self-care and pay attention to the details, however, that’s just us. We’d like to hear what values are important for you.
As a growing team, we have the flexibility to work with individual psychologists to help you grow your client base, support you as you achieve the best possible outcomes for your clients and in turn, help you grow as a clinician. We’re happy to help you manage most of the administrative items with your clients and where possible, monitor their on-going treatment. We also provide peer supervision to discuss complicated cases or if you’re struggling with any particular client.
We are determined to reach out to clients in rural and remote areas.
The following are essential for the position and need to be highlighted in your C.V.:
· General or Clinical Psychology Board of Australia registration.
· Medicare Provider number
· Australian Business Number (ABN)
· Knowledge of assessments, diagnoses and treatment interventions
· Experience with Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy as well as other therapeutic modalities (i.e. ACT, MI, SFBT, etc)
· Working rights in Australia
· Current Professional Indemnity Insurance
– Demonstrated ability to write and communicate in a formal and professional capacity with clinic directors, practice managers, GPs, community stakeholders and multidisciplinary teams, including understanding their needs and providing guidance if necessary.
· Familiarity with telehealth platforms such as Halaxy (bonus if you understand why some platforms are safer than others)
· Flexibility with your working hours
· Knowledge of research on the pros, cons and challenges surrounding telehealth delivery.
No cover letter is required.
Please integrate the above ‘essential criteria’ in your C.V. along with a clear indication of the following two questions:
· Do you have the following licence or certification: General/Clinical Psychologist Registration with AHPRA?
· Do you have a Medicare provider number?
· Which of the following describes your work eligibility in Australia?
Please be aware that this is a subcontracting role.
For a further discussion, please email your C.V. to email@example.com
Have a good one!